Download and Install Mongo db for your OS from
Created a folder to store the collected data in mongodb
Create a log folder in mongodb folder and create mongodb.log file.
Execute the below in command from the path where mongo is
installed or set the global variables to execute this command.
Update the path accordingly
mongod --dbpath "C:\Path\mongodb"
--logpath "C:\Path\mongodb\log\mongodb.log" --logappend --install
You should see in you serives (run services.msc) mongo service
which will be in stopped state. Start the mongo db service.
You may start monngodb from command prompt.
For more details see this -
IntelliSense provides code completions based on language semantics and an analysis of your source code.
IntelliSense suggestions popup as you type. This might trouble you whilst setting up Sitecore new project.
It comes with the following error-
Error CS1061 'HtmlHelper<RenderingModel>' does not contain a definition for 'Sitecore' and no extension method 'Sitecore' accepting a first argument of type 'HtmlHelper<RenderingModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Following can be checked if the Sitecore intellisense is not poping up-
1. Check if Sitecore.Mvc namespace is added in web.config. Namespace should sit in <pages pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage"><namespaces>
2. Check if web.config file is in View folder. If not, you might need to add this.
3. Follow same as Point 1 for web.config file in View folder.
4. Next you must have referenced Sitecore.Mvc dll in the project. Set the Copy Local to true.
5. Rebuild solution and re-open the cshtml file(s).
The intellisense should now be working.