IntelliSense provides code completions based on language semantics and an analysis of your source code.
IntelliSense suggestions popup as you type. This might trouble you whilst setting up Sitecore new project.
It comes with the following error-
Error CS1061 'HtmlHelper<RenderingModel>' does not contain a definition for 'Sitecore' and no extension method 'Sitecore' accepting a first argument of type 'HtmlHelper<RenderingModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Following can be checked if the Sitecore intellisense is not poping up-
1. Check if Sitecore.Mvc namespace is added in web.config. Namespace should sit in <pages pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage"><namespaces>
2. Check if web.config file is in View folder. If not, you might need to add this.
3. Follow same as Point 1 for web.config file in View folder.
4. Next you must have referenced Sitecore.Mvc dll in the project. Set the Copy Local to true.
5. Rebuild solution and re-open the cshtml file(s).
The intellisense should now be working.